- Android Studio or platform-tools and build-tools package from Android SDK tools
- Dart Code extension for Visual Studio Code
- Install Android Studio or stand-alone Android SDK tools (see Install Android SDK tools without Android Studio). This is necessary for VS Code as it uses ADB to communicate with Genymotion.
- Setup Genymotion Desktop to use external SDK tools.
- In VS Code, install the Dart Code extension.
- Launch your test virtual device in Genymotion.
- The running virtual device should appear in VS Code when using the flutter devices command.
- Use the flutter run command to run your application in Genymotion.
Genymotion virtual devices are detected as "devices" by flutter, not as "emulators".