GENYMOBILE SAS assumes no liability whatsoever resulting from the download, install and use of Xposed/Edxposed framework and RootCloak module. Use it at your own risk.
In order to hide root from an application, you need to use a Xposed/Edxposed module called RootCloak.
1. Install Xposed/Edxposed framework
2. Install RootCloak module
- Launch Xposed Installer or Edxposed manager and go to the Download section:
- In the search field, type "Rootcloak" and click on "Rootcloak (with 5.x and 6.x support)"
- Go to the Version subsection and click on Download:
- After download, you will need to authorize Rootcloak module installation:
- Go back and click on Install:
- Once installed, you will still need to activate Rootcloak module. Go to the Modules section:
Activate Rootcloak module.
- Reboot the instance. Do not reboot from Xposed installer or Edxposed manager: this will freeze the instance.
- After reboot, launch RootCloak application.
- Select Add/Remove Apps.
- If your app is not in the list, you must then click the "+" sign to add it.
- Exit RootCloak settings. If the app you just added to the list was already running, you need to FORCE CLOSE it for the settings to take effect.
- Run your application.
For more details on how to use RootCloak, please visit https://github.com/devadvance/rootcloak.
Using RootCloak will likely not work with modern banking applications or games as they use complex anti-root and anti-emulation routines. It is more suitable for developers who wish to test their applications in a non-rooted environment.