GENYMOBILE SAS assumes no liability whatsoever resulting from the download, install and use of Xposed/Edxposed framework and RootCloak module. Use it at your own risk.
In order to hide root from an application, you need to use a Xposed/Edxposed module called RootCloak.
1. Install Xposed/Edxposed framework
Xposed (Android 5.1/6.0/7.0)
Genymotion PaaS image architecture is x86_64 and Xposed 3.1.5 does not exist for this architecture. However, we have compiled specific 64 bits versions. For the moment, our build only supports Android 5.1, 6.0 and 7.0.
For Android 8.0, 8.1, 9.0 and 10, you need to use Edxposed instead (see "Edxposed" chapter).
- Xposed framework for x86_64. There is no public build for x86_64. You need to contact the support team and we will provide one for you.
- Xposed installer 3.1.5 APK (
- Connect your instance to ADB. See Accessing an instance from ADB.
- Drag'n drop the Xposed framework zip file (
android-X.X-XXXXXXXX-xposed-v65-sdkXX-x86_64.zip) to your instance display to flash it.
- Drag'n drop Xposed Installer APK (
XposedInstaller_3.1.5.apk). This should install and launch Xposed Installer application. At this stage, it will display that the Xposed framework is installed but disabled:
- Reboot the instance. Do not reboot from Xposed Installer as this will freeze the instance.
- Launch Xposed installer. It should display "Xposed Framework version XX is active":
Edxposed (Android 8.0 - 10)
- Edxposed framework from . Do not use the official Edxposed framework as it is not compatible with Genymotion. Contact our support and we will provide a specific build for you.
- Edxposed manager (latest version: https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposedManager/releases)
- Drag'n drop Edxposed framework zip file,
riru_X.XX_edxposed_Yahfa_X.X.X.zipto the instance display.
- When flash is complete, reboot the instance.
- Drag'n drop Edxposed manager APK file (
EdXposedManager-X.X.X-XXXXX-org.meowcat.edxposed.manager-release.apk) to the instance display.
- Launch Edxposed manager. It should display "Edxposed framework is active":
2. Install RootCloak module (All Android)
- Launch Xposed Installer or Edxposed manager and go to the Download section:
- In the search field, type "Rootcloak" and click on "Rootcloak (with 5.x and 6.x support)"
- Go to the Version subsection and click on Download:
- After download, you will need to authorize Rootcloak module installation:
- Go back and click on Install:
- Once installed, you will still need to activate Rootcloak module. Go to the Modules section:
Activate Rootcloak module.
- Reboot the instance. Do not reboot from Xposed installer or Edxposed manager: this will freeze the instance.
- After reboot, launch RootCloak application.
- Select Add/Remove Apps.
- If your app is not in the list, you must then click the "+" sign to add it.
- Exit RootCloak settings. If the app you just added to the list was already running, you need to FORCE CLOSE it for the settings to take effect.
- Run your application.
For more details on how to use RootCloak, please visit https://github.com/devadvance/rootcloak.
Using RootCloak will likely not work with modern banking applications or games as they use complex anti-root and anti-emulation routines. It is more suitable for developers who wish to test their applications in a non-rooted environment.