It is possible to use a VPN with Genymotion Device image (PaaS). However, there are different methods to do so, depending on your use case:
With an Android VPN client
This method connects the instance Android OS directly to a VPN. We will use OpenVPN, but this could be done with other VPN clients for Android. If you don't use OpenVPN, make sure that your client allows VPN to be used only for specific applications.
The VPN client must be set to use VPN only to specific applications, otherwise your instance will no longer be accessible from the web, ssh or adb.
- Install OpenVPN for Android from an APK file or Play Store
- Setup your VPN connection (see OpenVPN official guide for details)
- Edit your VPN connection profile and slide to "ALLOWED APPS". Disable the option VPN is used for all apps but exclude selected:
- Select the desired applications to apply the VPN to
- Connect to your VPN server
With a Cloud provider VPN gateway
Cloud providers also provide methods and tools to connect their Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) to a VPN: