From a virtual device display
1. Simple proxy, no authentication
- Click Menu > System settings.
- In Wireless & Networks, select Wi-Fi.
- Click WiredSSID and hold it down for two seconds.
- Click Modify Network.
- Check Show advanced options.
- In Proxy settings, select Manual.
- Enter the proxy settings provided by your network administrator.
- Click Save.
2. Socks5 and/or authenticated proxy
Not all Proxy apps will work on all solutions. So far, the best results we had is with SocksDroid, but it only works with Socks5 proxys. If you are using a standard proxy with authentication, you may try Oxy Proxy Manager.
Modern Android versions do not support Socks5 or authenticated proxies natively. You need to install a third part application, such as SocksDroid or Oxy Proxy Manager. Here is a tutorial with SocksDroid:
- Install SocksDroid from Google Play Store:
- Create a new profile:
- Set your Proxy IP, Port and credentials
- Click the upper-right button next to "SocksDroid" title to enable the connection
From command line (adb)
Built-in proxy settings with authentication is not available on most modern Android versions. For this reason, you should only use the following method if you use a Proxy without authentication. Otherwise, use Oxy Proxy Manager or SocksDroid.
Simple proxy without authentication
Connect your device to ADB (refer to Genymotion user guide for details), and use the following command:
adb shell settings put global http_proxy [proxy ip]:[proxy port]
To disable the proxy:
adb shell settings put global http_proxy :0