Authenticated and Socks5 proxy are not supported by default by Android OS. You need to use a 3rd party application, such as SocksDroid or EveryProxy, to connect a virtual device to a Socks5 proxy or if the proxy requires authentication.
From a virtual device display:
- Click Menu > System settings.
- In Wireless & Networks, select Wi-Fi.
- Click WiredSSID and hold it down for two seconds.
- Click Modify Network.
- Check Show advanced options.
- In Proxy settings, select Manual.
- Enter the proxy settings provided by your network administrator.
- Click Save.
From command line (adb):
Connect your device to ADB (refer to Genymotion user guide for details), and use the following command:
adb shell settings put global http_proxy [proxy ip]:[proxy port]
To disable the proxy:
adb shell settings delete global http_proxy