GENYMOBILE SAS assumes no liability whatsoever resulting from the download, install and use of Magisk, Xposed or Edxposed frameworks. Use at your own risk.
Android 4.4 - 7.1
Xposed 3.1.5 is recommended for Android 5.0 (Lollipop), 6.0 (Marshmallow), 7.0 and 7.1 (Nougat). Please refer to this thread for details.
For Android 4.4, you need a previous version of Xposed.
- Xposed framework
- Xposed installer
- Drag'n drop the Xposed framework zip file (
xposed-vXX-sdkXX-x86.zip) to your virtual device display to flash the device.
- Drag'n drop Xposed Installer APK (
XposedInstaller_*.apk). This should install and launch Xposed Installer application. At this stage, it will display that the Xposed framework is installed but disabled:
- Reboot the device with
adb rebootcommand. Do not reboot from Xposed Installer as this will freeze the device.
- Launch Xposed installer. It should display "Xposed Framework version XX is active":
Xposed only works with Android 4.4 to 7.1; for Android 8.0 and above, you need to use Magisk + Edxposed instead.
- Magisk Manager (Magisk-v23.0.apk)
- Magisk framework for x86
- Riru Magisk module v.25.4.4
- Edxposed Manager 4.6.2
Step 1: Install Magisk
- Drag'n Drop Magisk Manager apk:
Magisk-v23.0.apk. Magisk Manager will install and open. Close it for now.
- Drag'n Drop the flashable archive:
- When flashing is complete, reboot the device.
- Launch Magisk Manager. It will request ROOT access, select "Remember choice forever" and click Allow:
It is possible that the popup opens in the background and is covered by Magisk Manager main window. If so press back to access the popup and allow ROOT:
- You will then be prompted with an update to apply, accept it:
- The device will reboot one more time. Launch Magisk Manager again, you should now be informed that Magisk is now installed in 1c8ebfac(23015) version:
Step 2: Install Riru
Do not install the Riru version available in the Magisk Manager app. Use the old Riru v25 version provided in this article (see prerequisite).
- Drag'n drop the Riru archive onto the instance display:
riru-v25.4.4-release.zip. The flashing process will fail, but this is normal. The archive must be installed from Magisk Manager.
- Launch Magisk Manager app and click on the last icon in the bottom toolbar to go to the module section:
- Click "install from storage":
- Go to the Download folder from the menu:
- Select the Riru archive,
- Reboot the device
Riru version 25 should now be present in the installed modules list in Magisk Manager:
Make sure NOT to update to Riru v26 as it does not work with EdXposed right now.
Step 3: Install EdXposed
- You can install EdXposed framework from Magisk Manager. Go to Magisk Manager module manager:
- Open the search widget and input "Edxposed". Select Riru - EdXposed:
- Install the module:
- Reboot the device.
- Drag'n drop Edxposed manager APK file (
EdXposedManager-4.5.7-45700-org.meowcat.edxposed.manager-release.apk) to the device display.
- Reboot the device
Edxposed manager should launch and display "Edxposed framework is active":