GENYMOBILE SAS assumes no liability whatsoever resulting from the download, install and use of Magisk, Xposed or Edxposed frameworks. Use at your own risk.
Android 5.0 - 7.1
Xposed 3.1.5 is recommended for Android 5.0 (Lollipop), 6.0 (Marshmallow), 7.0 and 7.1 (Nougat). Please refer to this thread for details.
Android 4.4 is obsolete and Xposed is no longer available with this version.
- Xposed framework
- Xposed installer
- Drag'n drop the Xposed framework zip file (
xposed-vXX-sdkXX-x86.zip) to your virtual device display to flash the device.
- Drag'n drop Xposed Installer APK (
XposedInstaller_*.apk). This should install and launch Xposed Installer application. At this stage, it will display that the Xposed framework is installed but disabled:
- Reboot the device with
adb rebootcommand. Do not reboot from Xposed Installer as this will freeze the device.
- Launch Xposed installer. It should display "Xposed Framework version XX is active":
Xposed only works with Android 4.4 to 7.1; for Android 8.0 and above, you need to use Magisk + Edxposed instead.
- Magisk Manager (Magisk-v23.0.apk)
- Magisk framework for x86
- Riru Magisk module v.25.4.4
- Edxposed Manager 4.6.2
Step 1: Install Magisk
- Drag'n Drop Magisk Manager apk:
Magisk-v23.0.apk. Magisk Manager will install and open. Close it for now.
- Drag'n Drop the flashable archive:
- When flashing is complete, reboot the device.
- Launch Magisk Manager. It will request ROOT access, select "Remember choice forever" and click Allow:
It is possible that the popup opens in the background and is covered by Magisk Manager main window. If so press back to access the popup and allow ROOT:
- You will then be prompted with an update to apply, accept it:
- The device will reboot one more time. Launch Magisk Manager again, you should now be informed that Magisk is now installed in 1c8ebfac(23015) version:
Step 2: Install Riru
Do not install the Riru version available in the Magisk Manager app. Use the old Riru v25 version provided in this article (see prerequisite).
- Drag'n drop the Riru archive onto the instance display:
riru-v25.4.4-release.zip. The flashing process will fail, but this is normal. The archive must be installed from Magisk Manager.
- Launch Magisk Manager app and click on the last icon in the bottom toolbar to go to the module section:
- Click "install from storage":
- Go to the Download folder from the menu:
- Select the Riru archive,
- Reboot the device
Riru version 25 should now be present in the installed modules list in Magisk Manager:
Make sure NOT to update to Riru v26 as it does not work with EdXposed right now.
Step 3: Install EdXposed
- You can install EdXposed framework from Magisk Manager. Go to Magisk Manager module manager:
- Open the search widget and input "Edxposed". Select Riru - EdXposed:
- Install the module:
- Reboot the device.
- Drag'n drop Edxposed manager APK file (
EdXposedManager-4.5.7-45700-org.meowcat.edxposed.manager-release.apk) to the device display.
- Reboot the device
Edxposed manager should launch and display "Edxposed framework is active":