If you get one of the following issue:
- The application does not appear in Google Play Store.
- Google Play Store says "Your device isn't compatible with this version".
- You try to upload an application with an APK file, but it does not start or run.
Then, the application or game is not compatible with Genymotion SaaS. However, there are possible ways to bypass this in some cases.
1. The application/game is for ARM only
Genymotion SaaS virtual devices architecture is x86 (32bit) and x86_64 (64bit) - it cannot run applications for ARM "out of the box". You will need to install ARM translation tools.
To install ARM translation tools, please follow the instructions from Genymotion SaaS userguide - Deploying applications for ARM
Using ARM translation tools with Genymotion SaaS is not officially supported. If the application still does not run, or if Genymotion SaaS does not operate correctly, we will not be able to provide any technical support. Use at your own risks!
If you want to install the application from Google Play Store, you have to install the ARM translation tool before installing the Open GApps package.
2. The application/game detects root
Using Xposed/EdXposed framework with Genymotion SaaS is not officially supported. If the application still does not run, or if Genymotion SaaS does not operate correctly, we will not be able to provide any technical support. Use at your own risks!
Genymotion SaaS virtual devices are all rooted. Some applications or game will detect root and refuse to run or install; it is also impossible to install them from Google Play Store ("Your device isn't compatible with this version").
However, in some cases, it is possible to bypass this by using Xposed/EdXposed to hide root:
- Download an APK of the application. You need to use a x86 variant. If there are none, you will need to download a armv7 (32bit) variant and install ARM translation tools.
- Drag'n Drop the APK to the device display.
- Follow the instructions from How to use Xposed/Edxposed to hide root access from an application with Genymotion SaaS?
3. The application/game requires unsupported features
If the above fails, it may also mean that the app or game you are trying to install requires one or more features that are not emulated yet; such as Bluetooth, Fingerprint or Sensors.
We recommend verifying which features are required for your application or game and check out Genymotion SaaS user guide to see whether it is supported.