Please note that all distributions do not provide the necessary libraries and modules for Genymotion Desktop and VirtualBox, and it is impossible for us to guarantee Genymotion operations on an untested distribution. Please use our recommended Linux distributions.
1. Are you trying to run Genymotion Desktop in a virtual machine?
Using Genymotion Desktop in a virtual environment is not supported. See Can Genymotion Desktop run in a virtual machine?
2. Is VirtualBox kernel module properly installed?
- Refer to the documentation from VirtualBox: https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch02.html#install-linux-host
- Make sure that the dkms package is installed and that it compiles VirtualBox kernel modules each time a new kernel update is available. To do so, run:
modinfo vboxdrvIf the
vboxdrvkernel module is loaded, it should return:
filename: /lib/modules/4.15.0-47-generic/misc/vboxdrv.ko version: 6.1.16_Ubuntu r140961 (0x00300000) ...If not, try to reload kernel modules manually by running
sudo modprobe vboxdrvIf the above doesn’t work, force VirtualBox kernel modules compilation.
sudo apt-get --reinstall install virtualbox-dkmsFedora:
If none of the above works, try to remove VirtualBox and re-install it. We strongly recommend using the package form your distribution repositories.
3. Is your user account in the “vboxusers” group?
If not, run:
sudo usermod -a -G vboxusers $USER
Then logout and back again or reboot your PC for changes to take effect.
4. Are you using a VPN?
If so, please refer to Genymotion Desktop and VPN