- Burp suite
Setting up Burp Suite
Go to the proxy tab then the options tab. Add a new listener on all interfaces on whatever port you'd like. Here, we will choose 8080:
Click import/export CA certificate --> Export --> Certificate in DER format --> Choose a path and name it anything with a .cer extension --> Next
Setup Genymotion Desktop virtual device
- Launch your device.
- Drag'n drop the .cer file you generated to the device display.
- Go to Android Wifi settings (Settings > Network & Internet) and click on the network that it's currently connected to (AndroidWifi). Click and hold on it and click Modify Network. Click the Advanced options drop down menu and set Proxy to manual:
- For hostname, enter the IP address of the local machine that is running burp suite.
- For Proxy port, enter the port that burp is listening on (here, we have set 8080).
- Leave the wifi settings and go to Settings and search Security & Location. Click it, then click Encryption & credentials. Now click Install from SD card and go to
/sdcard/Download, where you saved your .cer file. Give the certificate a name:
Then, click ok. You are greeted with a screen asking you to set up a passcode. Comply and set a lock to secure the lock screen:
From there, your instance network should be intercepted by Burp suite.