If you get one of the following issue:
- The application does not appear in Google Play Store
- Google Play Store displays the error "Your device isn't compatible with this version"
- You try to upload an APK file, but it doesn't do anything or you get an error message " "
Then, it may not be compatible with Genymotion Desktop. There are however some situations where there is a workaround:
The application/game is only available for ARM
Genymotion Desktop virtual devices architecture is x86 and x86_64 (Android > 11). Therefore, it cannot interpret code for ARM: you need to use ARM translation tools if your app or game is not available for x86 or x86_64. For detailed instructions, please refer to Genymotion Desktop user guide.
Using ARM translation tools is not officially supported. If a given application or game still doesn't run, or if Genymotion doesn't operate correctly, we will not provide any technical support. Use at your own risks!
- If you want to install your application or game from Google Play Store, you have to install the ARM translation tools before installing the OpenGApps package.
- Please note that there are no ARM translation tools for Android 10 and above for the moment.
The application/game detects root
We cannot guarantee the result when using this method: if the application or game still doesn't run, or if Genymotion doesn't operate correctly, we cannot provide any help. Use at your own risks!
Genymotion Desktop virtual devices are rooted and some applications and games will detect it and refuse to install and run. They will not appear in Google Play Store or it will say that "Your device isn't compatible with this version", even with ARM translation tools installed.
In this case, it will not be possible to install it from Play Store, but in some cases it may be possible to install it with an APK file and hide root from it.
To do so, you can try the following:
- Download an APK for x86 of the game or application. If there are no x86 variants, you will need to install ARM translation tools beforehand.
- Drag'n Drop the APK file to the virtual device display. This will install and try to run the application.
- Follow the instructions from How to use Xposed/Edxposed to hide root access from an application? (Genymotion Desktop) to hide root from the application.
The application/game requires unsupported features
If the above fails, it may also mean that the app or game you are trying to install requires one or more features that are not emulated yet, such as Bluetooth or Fingerprint.
In this case, make sure to always use the latest version of Genymotion Desktop and check out our release notes regularly for new releases.