Using ARM translation tools and/or EdXposed/Xposed framework is not officially supported: if a given application or game still doesn't run, or if Genymotion doesn't operate correctly, we will not provide any technical support. Use at your own risks!
If you get one of the following issue:
- The application does not appear in Google Play Store
- Google Play Store displays the error "Your device isn't compatible with this version"
- You try to upload an APK file, but it doesn't do anything or you get an error message " "
Then, the application you want to install is probably only available for ARM or it cannot run in a rooted device.
1. The application or game is only available for ARM
Genymotion Desktop virtual device architecture is x86 (32 bits) only. You need to use a x86 variant of your application or install ARM translation tools.
Genymotion Desktop does not support applications for arm64/arm-v8, even with ARM translation libraries. See How to run applications for arm64/aarch64 (arm-v8)?
For legal reasons, we cannot provide any ARM translation tools nor links to them. However, you should be able to find them on the Internet.
For detailed instructions, please refer to Applications for ARM.
If you want to install your application or game from Google Play Store, you have to install the ARM translation tools before installing the OpenGApps package.
Please note that there are no ARM translation tools for Android 10 for the moment.
2. The application or game detects root
Genymotion Desktop virtual devices are rooted (see How to unroot a Genymotion virtual device?) and some applications and games will detect it and refuse to install and run. They will not appear in Google Play Store or it will say that "Your device isn't compatible with this version", even with ARM translation tools installed.
In this case, it will not be possible to install it from Play Store, but in some cases it may be possible to install it with an APK file and hide root from it.
To do so, you can try the following:
- Download an APK for x86 of the game or application. If there are no x86 variants, you will need to install ARM translation tools beforehand (see Applications for ARM).
- Drag'n Drop the APK file to the virtual device display. This will install and try to run the application.
- Follow the instructions from How to use Xposed/Edxposed to hide root access from an application? (Genymotion Desktop) to hide root to the appliction.