Using Xposed/EdXposed and/or ARM translation tools with Genymotion is not officially supported. We cannot guarantee the result, nor provide any technical support if the application/game does not install or run, or if Genymotion does not operate correctly. Do it at your own risks.
If you are trying to install an application and encounter the following issues:
- the application does not appear in Google Play Store.
- Google Play Store says "Your device isn't compatible with this version".
- you try to upload the application/game with an APK file, but it does not open.
Then, it may be available only for arm/arm64, or detect root.
The application/game is only available for arm (armv7) or arm64 (armv8)
You need to use a ARM version Genymotion Device image. For more details, please refer to Genymotion Device image (PaaS) users' guide
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Our Genymotion Device image for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure runs on an Ampere Computing virtual machine based on arm64 (armv8) architecture. Applications for arm and arm64 should install and run without any third party tools. Please refer to Genymotion Device image (PaaS) users' guide for more details.
GCP / Alibaba / MS Azure
Genymotion Device image (PaaS) for GCP, Alibaba and MS Azure is only available with x86_64 architecture for the moment. To install and run applications for arm (armv7), you need to install an ARM translation tool.
For more information, please refer to Genymotion Device images user guide - Installing applications
Applications for arm64 (armv8)
ARM translation tools cannot translate arm64 code - applications/games for arm64 (armv8) only will not be available nor run on GCP, Alibaba and MS Azure.
The application/game detects root
There are no Xposed/EdXposed builds for arm64 - the following method will not work with ARM version images on AWS, nor on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Genymotion virtual devices are rooted (see How to unroot a Genymotion virtual device?) and some applications and games will not install or run because they detect root. In some cases, however, it is possible to hide root from an application. To do so, you can try the following:
- Download an APK variant of the application or game for x86 or x86_64
- Drag'n drop the APK to the device display - see Genymotion Device image (PaaS) users' guide
- Follow the instructions from How to use Xposed/Edxposed to hide root access from an application in Genymotion Device image (PaaS)?