Even though it is possible to play games with Genymotion, it has not been designed for this use.
For this reason, installing and playing games on Genymotion require some additional knowledge and extra steps.
1. Most modern games are only available for ARM
Genymotion Desktop and Genymotion SaaS Cloud virtual devices architecture is x86, therefore it cannot run games compiled for ARM. As a result, many games will not appear or install in Google Play Store and installing them from an APK will fail.
To workaround this, please refer to your Genymotion product documentation:
- Installing applications for ARM with Genymotion Desktop
- Installing applications for ARM with Genymotion SaaS Cloud
- Installing applications for ARM with Genymotion Device image
2. Google Play Store and services are not pre-installed
You need to install the Open Gapps package to get Google Play Store. For detailed instructions, please refer to How to install Google Play Store (and other Google Apps) in Genymotion?
3. On-line games are usually not compatible with Genymotion
Genymotion virtual devices are rooted and, unfortunately, many modern games detect root and emulation which make them incompatible with Genymotion.
We can not guarantee that Genymotion will work with a given game and we cannot provide technical support if a game doesn't install or run as expected.
However, we are committed to improve Genymotion compatibility and if you wish your game to be supported in the future, feel free to fill this form: https://forms.gle/LdyLDiJvyjb66vGY6.