1. You are trying to run Genymotion in a Linux virtual machine, a server or a Cloud service (AWS, GCP, Azure, ...)
Genymotion Desktop has been designed to run in a physical environment, not in a virtual machine. For this reason, Genymotion Desktop will not work if run in a Linux VM.
Likewise, Genymotion Desktop has been designed to run on a workstation, not a server nor a Cloud instance.
For more details, please refer to the following articles:
- Can Genymotion Desktop run in a virtual machine?
- Can Genymotion Desktop run on a server?
- Can Genymotion Desktop run in a Cloud service (AWS, Google Cloud, MS Azure, Alibaba, etc.)?
2. Your hardware does not meet Genymotion Desktop requirements
Make sure your computer meets Genymotion Desktop requirements. See What are Genymotion Desktop requirements?
3. You are using an unsupported distribution
Make sure to use one of our supported distributions:
- Ubuntu 20.04.1LTS (Focal Fossa) (64 bit)
- Debian 9 (Stretch) (64 bit)
- Fedora 30 (64 bit) or above
Other distributions and versions, such as Kali Linux or Linux Mint, have not be tested and may not provide the necessary libraries.
4. VirtualBox is not properly installed or setup
You may need to re-install VirtualBox or re-compile VirtualBox kernel module.
See Linux - An error has occurred while trying to create a virtualbox host-only network interface for detailed instructions.