If you get one of the following issue:
- The application does not appear in Google Play Store
- Google Play Store displays the error "Your device isn't compatible with this version"
- You try to upload an APK file, but it doesn't do anything or you get an error message " "
Then, it may not be compatible with Genymotion Desktop "as is". There are however some situations where this can be bypassed:
1. The application or game is only available for ARM
Using ARM translation tools is not officially supported. If a given application or game still doesn't run, or if Genymotion doesn't operate correctly, we will not provide any technical support. Use at your own risks!
Genymotion Desktop virtual device architecture is x86 (32 bits) only. You need to use a x86 variant of your application or install ARM translation tools. For legal reasons, we cannot provide any ARM translation tools nor links to them. However, you should be able to find them on the Internet.
For detailed instructions, please refer to Applications for ARM.
If you want to install your application or game from Google Play Store, you have to install the ARM translation tools before installing the OpenGApps package.
Please note that there are no ARM translation tools for Android 10 for the moment.
2. The application or game detects root
Using EdXposed/Xposed framework is not officially supported. If a given application or game still doesn't run, or if Genymotion doesn't operate correctly, we will not provide any technical support. Use at your own risks!
Genymotion Desktop virtual devices are rooted and some applications and games will detect it and refuse to install and run. They will not appear in Google Play Store or it will say that "Your device isn't compatible with this version", even with ARM translation tools installed.
In this case, it will not be possible to install it from Play Store, but in some cases it may be possible to install it with an APK file and hide root from it.
To do so, you can try the following:
- Download an APK for x86 of the game or application. If there are no x86 variants, you will need to install ARM translation tools beforehand.
- Drag'n Drop the APK file to the virtual device display. This will install and try to run the application.
- Follow the instructions from How to use Xposed/Edxposed to hide root access from an application? (Genymotion Desktop) to hide root from the application.
3. The application requires unsupported features
If the above fails, it may also mean that the app or game you are trying to install requires one or more features that are not emulated yet; such as Bluetooth, Fingerprint or Sensors.
In this case, make sure to always use the latest version of Genymotion Desktop and check out our release notes regularly for new releases.