We recommend the following hardware to use Genymotion Desktop with good performances:
- CPU: 64-bit Intel 6th generation or AMD Ryzen
- Graphics: OpenGL 3.0 or higher capable video card. NVIDIA or AMD GPUs are highly recommended on Windows.
- RAM Memory: 16GB or more
- Screen resolution: 1920x1080 or higher
- Free HD space: 120MB for Genymotion + 1GB per virtual devices
Virtualization technology (VT)
Your CPU must support Virtualization (VT) and it must be enabled in the BIOS/UEFI.
For more details, see How to fix the error "Your CPU is incompatible with virtualization technologies"?
- Windows XP and 7 are not supported.
- Windows server editions are not supported.
- Genymotion Desktop will not run in a Windows Virtual Machine, from a hypervisor or a Cloud service provider.
- Genymotion Desktop is not available for Windows 32-bit editions.
Genymotion Desktop has been tested on the following Windows versions:
- Windows 11 (64-bit) [Learn more]
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Windows 8 (64-bit)
About Intel integrated GPUs
For some reasons, the Intel display driver for Windows do not work well with Genymotion Desktop on Windows.
For this reason, we recommend using an NVIDIA or AMD GPU with Genymotion on Windows (See The virtual device crashes, freezes or fails to boot on Windows). This does not affect Linux nor macOS.
If you have a laptop or Notebook with dual GPU, you need to force Genymotion to use the high profile NVIDIA/AMD GPU. Please refer to How to force Genymotion Desktop use the high performance discrete GPU on laptops? for detailed instructions.
Genymotion Desktop has been fully tested on the following distributions:
- Ubuntu 20.04LTS (64-bit)
- Debian 9 (Stretch 64-bit)
- Fedora 30 - 35 Workstation (64-bit)
Other distributions, such as Kali Linux or Arch Linux, are not officially supported.
Unlike Windows, we do not have an installer for Linux with VirtualBox. VirtualBox has to be installed separately.
To do so, please refer to Genymotion Desktop installation guide for Linux
If you are using Fedora 30+, you can refer to this article: How to install VirtualBox on Fedora?
Genymotion Desktop has been fully tested on the following macOS versions:
- macOS 12 (Monterey)
- macOS 11 (Big Sur)
- macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
Unlike Windows, we do not have an installer for macOS with VirtualBox. VirtualBox has to be installed separately.
To do so, please refer to Genymotion Desktop installation guide for macOS