If you upgraded Genymotion Desktop, make sure to upgrade VirtualBox if necessary. See VirtualBox recommended versions.
If you get many User Account Control (UAC) pop-ups prompting for Administrator permission, you may also consider turning them off. For instructions, please refer to this article: Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows
Every time Genymotion Desktop is run, it calls VirtualBox to verify the availability of at least one VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter. If none is available or compatible, it tries to create a new one.
Unfortunately, this operation sometimes fail on Windows. To solve this, try the solutions below:
1. Reboot your PC
Rebooting your PC after having launched Genymotion Desktop for the first time often fixes this error.
2. Fix the VirtualBox host-only network interface
If rebooting your PC does not help, try the following:
- Open Windows Device Manager and go to Network adapters
- You may see 3 VirtualBox Host-only Ethernet Adapters and one is disabled:
- Left-click on the disabled host-only interface and select Uninstall device. You should now have only 2 VirtualBox Host-only adapters:
- Left-click on the second VirtualBox host-only adapter (usually called VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter #2) and select Update driver:
- Select Browse my computer for drivers
- Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
- Select the driver called VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter and click Next
- Close the Device Manager and start Genymotion Desktop.
If none of the solutions above worked, please refer to Windows/VirtualBox - An error has occurred while trying to create a virtualbox host-only network interface for other possible solutions.