1. You are running Genymotion Desktop in a virtual machine or a server
Genymotion Desktop has been designed to run in a physical environment, not in a virtual machine. For this reason, Genymotion Desktop will not work if run in a Windows, Linux or macOS VM.
Also, Genymotion Desktop has been designed to work on a workstation, not a server.
For more details, please refer to these articles:
2. Reboot the PC (Windows)
On Windows, a reboot is usually enough to fix the problem after Genymotion Desktop first run.
3. Operating system issues
There may be issues specific to your operating system. Please follow the instructions from the following articles for possible solutions:
- Windows - Unable to start the Virtual Device
- Linux - Unable to start the Virtual Device
- macOS - Unable to start the Virtual Device
3. The Virtual Device initial state was not "Powered off"
The virtual device may not have been shutdown correctly:
- Close Genymotion, and open VirtualBox.
- Verify the virtual device state. If it is not Power Off, right-click on the device and select Close > Power Off:
4. Firewall and VPN
Firewalls and VPN can interfere and block Genymotion player communication with VirtualBox. For details and instructions, please refer to these articles: