1. You are running Genymotion Desktop in a virtual machine or a server
Genymotion Desktop has been designed to run in a physical environment, not in a virtual machine. For this reason, Genymotion Desktop will not work if run in a Windows, Linux or macOS VM.
Also, Genymotion Desktop has been designed to work on a workstation, not a server.
For more details, please refer to these articles:
2. Operating system issues
There may be issues specific to your operating system. Please follow the instructions from the following articles for possible solutions:
- Windows - Unable to start the Virtual Device
- Linux - Unable to start the Virtual Device
- macOS - Unable to start the Virtual Device
3. The Virtual Device initial state was not "Powered off"
The virtual device may not have been shutdown correctly:
- Close Genymotion, and open VirtualBox.
- Verify the virtual device state. If it is not Power Off, right-click on the device and select Close > Power Off:
4. Firewall and VPN
Firewalls and VPN can interfere and block Genymotion player communication with VirtualBox. For details and instructions, please refer to these articles: