1. You are trying to run Genymotion Desktop in a virtual machine (VirtualBox, VMWare, HyperV, etc.) or Docker
Please, refer to Can Genymotion Desktop run in a virtual machine?
2. You are trying to use Genymotion Desktop remotely (RDP, VNC, etc.)
Please, refer to Can I use Genymotion Desktop remotely?
3. You are trying to run Genymotion Desktop on a server
Please, refer to Can Genymotion Desktop run on a server?
4. Your firewall blocks the connection between Genymotion Desktop and VirtualBox
If you have a firewall, make sure that connections for local network 192.168.56.0/24 are allowed. For more information, see Genymotion Desktop and firewalls
5. Your VPN interferes with Genymotion Desktop and VirtualBox
If you have a VPN, make sure that connections for local network 192.168.56.0/24 are not redirected. For more information, see Genymotion Desktop and VPN
1. You are using a laptop or notebook with a discrete and an integrated GPU (e.g. Intel/Nvidia or Intel/AMD)
2. Your GPU does not match Genymotion Desktop requirements
Please, refer to Genymotion Desktop hardware requirements
Due to a bug with Intel drivers, Genymotion Desktop is not compatible with Intel HD 3000 on Windows.
3. Your display drivers are not up-to-date
Upgrade your display drivers to their latest stable version.
1. Your version of VirtualBox lacks the
Install the “net-tools” package by running
sudo apt install net-tools
sudo dnf install net-tools
2. You have an NVidia or AMD GPU
Please, refer to On Linux, the virtual device display is black/white/distorted