You are using a Firewall or a VPN
Please refer to these articles:
ADB versions conflicts
This behavior may also occur when another ADB tool from a third party Android SDK is running and conflicts with Genymotion Desktop built-in ADB.
To solve this:
- Make sure that no adb server is running. To kill any running adb servers, you can use the command
adb kill-serverOr kill any running ADB processes.
- Set Genymotion Desktop to use your third party Android SDK. Please refer to Genymotion Desktop user guide for details.
- If it still does not work, try to reboot the host machine.
If it doesn't help, you may need to revert to Genymotion built-in ADB and make sure that no other ADB services are running before using Genymotion (step 1 from above). However, you will not be able to use Genymotion and your third party ADB tool at the same time in this case.
Intel UHD/HD integrated GPU (Windows only)
Due to compatibility issues with Intel display drivers, Genymotion Desktop does not work well on computers with an Intel integrated GPU on Windows (see The virtual device crashes, freezes or fails to boot on Windows).
Also, many modern computers and laptops have a dual GPU: an NVIDIA/AMD discrete GPU and an integrated Intel GPU. If this is your case, you need to force Genymotion to use the NVIDIA/AMD discrete GPU.
To do so, please follow the instructions from this article: How to force Genymotion Desktop use the high performance discrete GPU on laptops?
VirtualBox (Windows only)
On same rare Windows configurations, VirtualBox 6.1.14 fails to properly initiate the connection with Genymotion. If none of the previous solutions work or apply to you, you may try upgrading VirtualBox to 6.1.30:
- Uninstall VirtualBox 6.1.14
- Reboot your PC
- Download VirtualBox 6.1.30 installer for Windows at https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.1.30/VirtualBox-6.1.30-148432-Win.exe
- Install VirtualBox 6.1.30
- Launch Genymotion
- If you get the
Unable to start the virtual deviceerror, reboot your PC.