Firewalls can disrupt the connection between Genymotion player and VirtualBox host-only interface. If you use a firewall, make sure that it does not block your local network (typically, 192.168.0.0/16). For more information, please refer to Genymotion Desktop and firewalls
This behavior often occurs when using a VPN. If you are using a VPN, please refer to Genymotion Desktop and VPN
ADB versions conflicts
This behavior may also occur when another ADB tool from a third party Android SDK is running and conflicts with Genymotion Desktop built-in ADB.
To solve this:
- Make sure that no adb server is running. To kill any running adb servers, you can use the command
adb kill-serverOr kill any running ADB processes.
- Set Genymotion Desktop to use your third party Android SDK. Please refer to Configuring ADB for details.
- If it still does not work, try to reboot the host machine.
If it doesn't help, you may need to revert to Genymotion built-in ADB and make sure that no other ADB services are running before using Genymotion (step 1 from above). However, you will not be able to use Genymotion and your third party ADB tool at the same time in this case.
VirtualBox issues (Windows only!)
On same rare Windows 8/10 configurations, VirtualBox 6.1 fails to properly initiate the connection with Genymotion. If none of the previous solutions work or apply to you, you may try downgrading VirtualBox to 6.0.24.
To do so:
- Uninstall VirtualBox 6.1
- Reboot your PC
- Download VirtualBox 6.0.24 installer for Windows at https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.0.24/VirtualBox-6.0.24-139119-Win.exe
- Install VirtualBox 6.0.24
- Reboot your PC
- Launch Genymotion
VirtualBox 6.0 is no longer supported by Oracle. We strongly advise downgrading VirtualBox only as a last resort solution.