GENYMOBILE SAS assumes no liability whatsoever resulting from the download, install and use of Xposed/Edxposed framework and RootCloak module. Use it at your own risk.
In order to hide root from an application, you need to use a Xposed/Edxposed module called RootCloak.
1. Install Xposed/Edxposed framework
Xposed (Android 5.0 - 8.1)
Xposed 3.1.5 only works for Android 5.0 (Lollipop), 6.0 (Marshmallow), 7.0 (Nougat), 7.1 (Nougat), 8.0 (Oreo) and 8.1 (Oreo). Please refer to this thread for details.
For Android 4.4, you need a previous version of Xposed.
For Android 9.0 (Pie) and 10, you need to use Edxposed instead (see "Edxposed" chapter).
- Xposed framework for x86 only
You need to download the framework that matches the virtual device Android version.
- Xposed installer APK
- Drag'n drop the Xposed framework zip file (
xposed-vXX-sdkXX-x86.zip) to your virtual device display to flash the device.
- Drag'n drop Xposed Installer APK (
XposedInstaller_*.apk). This should install and launch Xposed Installer application. At this stage, it will display that the Xposed framework is installed but disabled.
- Reboot the device with
adb rebootcommand. Do not reboot from Xposed Installer as this will freeze the device.
- Launch Xposed installer. It should display "Xposed Framework version XX is active":
Edxposed (Android 8.0 - 10)
Edxposed can also be used with Android 8.0 and 8.1, instead of Xposed.
- Edxposed framework from . Do not use the official Edxposed framework as it is not compatible with Genymotion! Contact our support team and we will provide a compatible build for you.
- Edxposed manager (latest version: https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposedManager/releases)
- Drag'n drop Edxposed framework zip file,
riru_X.XX_edxposed_Yahfa_X.X.X.zipto the device display.
- When flash is complete, reboot the device with
- Drag'n drop Edxposed manager APK file (
EdXposedManager-X.X.X-XXXXX-org.meowcat.edxposed.manager-release.apk) to the device display.
- Launch Edxposed manager. It should display "Edxposed framework is active":
2. Install RootCloak module (All Android)
- Launch Xposed Installer or Edxposed manager and go to the Download section:
- In the search field, type "Rootcloak" and click on "Rootcloak (with 5.x and 6.x support)"
- Go to the Version subsection and click on Download:
- After download, you will need to authorize Rootcloak module installation:
- Go back and click on Install:
- Once installed, you will still need to activate Rootcloak module. Go to the Modules section:
Activate Rootcloak module.
- Reboot the device with
adb reboot. Do not reboot device from Xposed installer or Edxposed manager: this will freeze the device.
- After reboot, launch RootCloak application.
- Select Add/Remove Apps.
- If your app is not in the list, you must then click the "+" sign to add it.
- Exit RootCloak settings. If the app you just added to the list was already running, you need to FORCE CLOSE it for the settings to take effect.
- Run your application.
For more details on how to use RootCloak, please visit https://github.com/devadvance/rootcloak.
Using RootCloak will likely not work with modern banking applications or games as they use complex anti-root and anti-emulation routines. It is more suitable for developers who wish to test their applications in a non-rooted environment.